Friday 29 July 2011

Tabouleh

I got introduces to this salad at a Mediterranean cafe, where I had it in a pita bread with falafel, and it was sooooo good. But I haven't had it for years but got reminded off it today when my boyfriend mentioned something about pita bread, so I decided to make it.


I once had a recipe for it, but don't know where it is now, so kind of made this recipe from memory, and I think I used to much bulgur, so have reduced it in the recipe below.

Note: if using Quinor, you might need to drain some of the excess fluid from the vegetables.

200g Bulgur wheat (or Quinoa if you want gluten free, about 2 cups, cook after directions on the package)
350ml boiling hot water
½ Cucumber (seeds removed)
200g tomatoes
4-5 spring onions
1 clove of garlic pressed
Big bunch of Parsley
little bunch of mint (about 1/3 the amount of the parsley)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fine black pepper
½ teaspoon fine Cumen
juice of one lemon
4 tablespoons olive oil

Put the Bulgur in a bowl and ad the boiling hot water, cover with a lid and leave it to steam for at least ½ hour.

If you have a food processor this next bit is very easy, just place the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and pulls until you get a chunky salsa consistency, and then just mix it with the Bulgur/Quinoa. Cover at let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

If you don't have a food processor,  it is still very easy, just chop up all the vegetables and herbs finely, and mix it all the ingredients in with the Bulgur/Quinoa. Cover at let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

Serve with warm pita bread, meat skewers or falafel. Enjoy.

If you are finding my blog useful, please sign up and show your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment